Monday, February 20, 2012

I love you Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day was very special this year. Since graduating from ISU almost two years ago (that's a crazy thing to say!), a side effect of  a long distance relationship is not being able to see each other on special holidays like Valentine's Day and Birthdays. Last year, I was all about the girls' night with wine and junk food, but this year I was able to see Nic! It was a very sweet gesture for Nic to drive up after his class on Valentine's Day to come to dinner. Although it was a short-lived visit, ending this morning with Nic dropping me off at the office downtown, it was so nice to have dinner and to see each other briefly.

I made my first lasagna, yes sad to admit I hadn't gotten around to making one until now, but it was SO good! Not to toot my own horn, but toot toot, that lasagna was delicious! And of course...for dessert I made a Carrot Cake - my favorite!!!

Valentine's Day carrot cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment