Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blankets for little miracles.

"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future." - JFK

Some of you may have heard the story about my miracle little cousin, Conner Shay. I have posted about him before and have shared the story about how his mom, my wonderful cousin Lindsey, has started to create a non-profit organization, Our Miracle Babies, with other NICU moms who have had micro-premie babies.

Well, Our Miracle Babies sent out an email this morning to the non-profit members, they will be working on sending care packages to families and babies in the NICU. Lindsey went on to describe how a little fleece blanket for Conner is special and important to their family, and a keepsake they can share with Conner when he is older to see the blanket that kept him warm. The organization is looking for members to volunteer their time and talent to make little fleece tie blankets to include in the packages.

As I was reading this email, I immediately became excited and I started to come up with a million ideas to help! Right away, I emailed some friends, thought that this would be a great time to host a blanket party, of course involving some yummy wine and gossip, to make blankets for these babies and their families!

If anyone is interested in this, please feel free to email me. We would love to have you!

1 comment: