Friday, January 13, 2012

Micro-miracles.

This week, something wonderful happened. Despite the negative perception that Facebook often carries, I found a reason that Facebook is a fabulous networking tool and one of the best ways to connect people.

A couple of days ago I posted a link to the 501(c)(3) pending non-profit that my cousin is a part of, after having her own micro-premie miracle baby. Our Miracle Babies is a touching non-profit, working to raise awareness, support and connect families faced with the joys and challenges of having and raising a micro-premie baby.

My cousin's little miracle Conner, such a smile!!
After posting about Our Miracle Babies, a coworker of mine told me about her friend, Jon, from Montana, who has had quite the journey with his own micro-premie miracle. She sent me the link to a book website, You Don't Know Jack, promoting a book that Jon is trying to publish. It is a book all about their experiences with Jack, what they went through and of course the joys of raising one of humanity's greatest heroes - a baby fighting for its life. Check it out! Jon is an exceptional writer.

I contacted Jon to thank him for his story and to connect him to my cousin's blog about her baby Conner. Jon shared with me his wife's blog, Life with Jack, and I thought it was so wonderful I wanted to share it. In the excerpt of Jon's book, where he has posted the first three chapters of his beautifully written manuscript, Jon begins the book with a quote that I think is so inspiring and reminds you of everything you have to be thankful for - despite the challenges you may face in all that life brings.

"Sometimes you just know when life is good. It's not the absence of problems, it is the mere recognition of all the blessings you have."

It's hard to see all of the good and beauty in your life when you are bogged down with challenges and negativity, but like my dad always says, "Good things happen to people with good attitudes." Something else to live by! ...Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment