Thursday, August 11, 2011

Granola Energy Bars

After my 9 day long vacation to Disney World to visit my boyfriend with his family, I was definitely due to hit the gym and start eating healthy again. Disney park food really isn't conducive to maintaining your figure, so I have picked up where I left off with my healthy diet! These granola energy bars are great! I got the idea from my Runner's World July magazine issue and decided to improvise a bit. Have fun with this one, it's super easy!
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons of honey (I had more like 5 because it's so good!)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • zest of one orange
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
  • 3 cups granola
  • I then added cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, spread on a greased cookie sheet, make sure it is about the thickness of a standard granola bar. Bake for 15 minutes at 375.

Let them cool to thicken over night, these are great chewy granola bars for anytime you are on the go!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment